Any person enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student studying biophysics or a related field at Oregon State University shall be eligible for membership. Meetings are open to all students, alumni, professionals, and others who care to attend.
- Continued professional growth in the areas of biophysics
- Encourage professional responsibility
- Dedicated to outreach and informal science education; with a goal of making biophysics approachable and digestible for our community
Current Executive Committee
Additional Committees & Leadership Opportunities
- Program Committee - to arrange and be responsible for meetings, speeches, and papers presented.
- Membership Development Committee - to promote local and national membership and to encourage the involvement of non-members in Chapter activities.
- Publicity Committee - to bring the Chapter and its activities, including all meetings, to the attention of members, potential members, the school(s) and the press, and any other potentially interested persons.
- Outreach Committee - to organize outreach events and volunteers throughout the year, working with similar efforts already in place throughout the department and Oregon State College of Science.
Regular meetings of the Chapter shall be held during the second week of each month [or bi-monthly, during the administrative (academic) year/except June-August] or on a postponed date set by the Executive Committee, which may also call a special meeting at any time.
For the current meeting schedule, more information, or to join our google drive, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Also visit https://www.biophysics.org/ for general society info!