Learning outcomes for the BMB major
- Students will demonstrate a core knowledge base in the theory and practice of modern biochemistry and molecular biology (BMB).
- Students will function successfully in the laboratory and use safe laboratory practices.
- Students will critically evaluate data and design experiments to test hypotheses relevant to the practice of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Students will read and evaluate primary literature in the discipline.
- Students will effectively communicate scientific data and ideas, using various formats appropriate for different target audiences.
- Students will use databases, computational tools and other online resources effectively.
- Students will demonstrate awareness of ethical issues in the practice of science.
Major four-year plan
The course requirements and sample four-year plan are described in the OSU course catalog.